?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Vivo Somnio's Journal

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Thursday, September 20th, 2007
1:23 am - What do you owe?...
"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing"... The quite is ad-libbed so may not be 100%, and no I don't recall who said it, but the point remains. But I'm sure, of course, that you're a good person and this doesn't apply to you... Right?

Have you ever noticed how we no longer accept responsibility for our choices? Please, consider this for a moment: You are as equally culpable for your inaction as you are for your actions. Tell me, when was the last time you went to the movies? Hung out with friends? Got drunk? Went shopping just for the sake of shopping? Took a day off to just relax at home? Cleaned your house? Went out dancing?

Now...are you happy with our education system? Our tax system? Our election system? Our health care system? Outsourcing of jobs? Our foreign policy? Our domestic policy? Our economy? Our environmental policy? I mean, there has to be SOMETHING out there that you don't like. More than likely, many things. So, now, let me ask you another question. When was the last time you wrote any of your representatives about this? I'm not saying you have to change the world, to organize a march with 100,000 participants. But whatever the issue(s) is/are that you're passionate about, ask yourself, is the thirty minutes it would take you once a month to write that letter really worth spending on youtube instead?

A woman decides she wants to have a child. So, what does she do? Well, she rooms with another woman who has a boyfriend. This other woman and her boyfriend do what couples do. So, woman A admittedly takes one of their used condoms, and utilizes the contents to get herself pregnant. You know what the courts decide? They decide the male is responsible for child support. That's right. He's responsible for her bad choices. A man breaks into a home to rape a woman, and is armed with a knife, and he gets shot & killed in the attempt. In the criminal courts, there is no case against killing the man. It's legal self defence. In civil court, however, guess who's found guilty of wrongful death & has to pay? That's right, it's wrong of you to try and prevent someone from raping you and quite likely killing you afterwards. I mean, the dead man certainly isn't responsible in any way for the fact that he's dead. I mean, all he did was break in and try to rape a woman at knife point. If somebody eats rat poison and dies, it's the companies fault for not clearly labelling the poison with a "do not consume" warning. Are you serious? I'm sorry, but I believe strongly in natural selection. If you're that dumb, please, grab your towel and get out of the gene pool.

Disregarding if you do or don't believe in the Iraq war, do you know how much you owe for it? And do you know why? The contract, with no competing bids, that you pay for is called cost+. It means that for everything done there we are charged the cost plus a percentage on top of the cost for profit. Sounds good right? Well, no, not really. You're not just being robbed, you are being rectally violated with a spiked club the size of Alaska. Cost+ means that the higher the cost, the more the profit. If I say I'll give you cost plus 10%, do you make more if your cost is a thousand dollars or a million dollars? For example, the semi-trucks that are used to haul supplies, they cost $70,000. Now, if you buy one, and then it gets a flat tire you have to buy it a new tire right? So say the tire is $200, now you've spent $70,200 for cost and at 10% you make $7,020 profit right? Wrong. You know what they're doing? They depricate that semi as a failed piece of equipment, they sell it at auction (which isn't taken into account in the cost), and they buy a new one for $70,000. So now, because of a flat tire, they've purchased 2 semi's and sold one. And then they make another $45,000 in selling the 1st depricated semi. Your cost equals $154,000 for something that should have cost $70,200, their profit is $59,000 on something they should have made $7,020 on.

And there are those that wonder why the Iraq war is so incredibly over budget huh? But that's not even the sick part. The sick part is, as backward as this all started out, it could have been a good thing if not for greed. If we had taken that money, used it to put the Iraqi people to work rebuilding their own country, they would have something to do aside from fighting each other. Do you realize that still roughly 70% of their population lacks basic ammenities (power, running water)? Do you know what their unemployment rate is? We don't employ them over there, because they work for cheaper wages, and that's not as profitable in a cost+ scenario. Now, in a normal contract it would have been, because you get a flat rate and then anything under that rate is money in the bank. Well, good thing we privatized and didn't allow bidding. That worked out really well for us.

People in this country need to reconsider their priorities, to understand that the decisions they make, even if it's just a decision not to be involved does in fact affect other people. You cannot be uininvolved unless you don't exist.

It's like what I said in my last blog. It's not all about what you think, it's about how you have a responsibility to the way you act as well. If you can't help but want to everyone you see with glasses in the face, who cares? Though, I would like to point out, it would be much more effective to hit them in the face with a bat. Glasses are a relatively ineffective weapon. My point being, there are more important things to dwell on than your insecurities, and more important things to spend time on than your tan.

I know you don't like it, but the fact is that you're an adult now, you have a responsibility to more than yourself. You may not like to vote, but you're obligated to educate yourself on the voting & then participate in it. You may rather surf the web for funny video's, but you owe it to everybody that is affected by our policies (most especially yourself, since that's likely the only thing I can get you to care about) to educate yourself on them and then voice your opinion to your representatives. Even if it's just to say you agree with the current policies.

I'm no saint, but I find that 2 letters a month is not difficult to send, and I try to vary my subjects. Either way, you're not a child and the world does not revolve around you, get over yourself. It would be nice of you to join the rest of the world. You are responsible for what goes on around you, even if you intentionally ignore it.

(2 comments | comment on this)

Tuesday, September 11th, 2007
12:16 am - Narcissism
Have you ever noticed how it seems that most people devote most of their pictures to "f*ck me, I'm beautiful" pictures, and the remainder to a few shots of friends to show that they actually have a life?

Why do we do it? Is that really all we have to offer, the best we can do? Or are we really that insecure?

I mean, I myself of coure am not going to win any contests for stud of the month, so invariably someone better looking than myself will insinuate that I do not prescribe to this narcissistic process because I lack the intrinsic qualities necessary.

Codswallop. I may not be beautiful, but I certainly don't drive people from the room. Well...except that one time, but the circumstances were extenuating. Who knew that there were nuns in there anyways? But, I digress...

Why do we hide who we really are? Why do we fear the idea of somebody knowing all of us, including those dark thoughts we have (most of them likely sexual in nature, though certainly not always)? Why do we need validation of who we are? Why do we care what others think of what we do? Are we really that afraid that something is wrong with us?

I think that insecurity and the need for validation is a driving force in societal interaction, and it's fascinating to me. I am certainly neither above nor removed from it, mind you. I find these facets of myself every bit as interesting as I find these fascets of you. Though in general I do find that very few people are as comfortable with themselves and who they are as I am with myself and who I am.

I have a dark side in myself just as every person does, but I'm neither afraid of it nor do I attempt to supress it. I think dead baby jokes are funny. So are jokes about cannibalism, or most other subjects. I also think that people in general are far too scared of their sexuality for their own good. You may like to be spanked or to spank somebody. Or to be called names or call someone names, or have your hair pulled, or want somebody to just take you when you're not expecting it, or a number of other things. The idea that something is wrong with you just because you like these things is, to me, silly.

Now, the important part to remember is that while what you like may not mean that something is wrong with you, what you do may mean just that. There is nothing wrong with you for thinking something "strange" and not being terrified by the thought. There is something wrong in some cases if you act upon it. I'm sure that somewhere out there is, yes, a 14 year old girl who really is mature enough to handle a relationship. But, you know what? Just don't. The only place that thought belongs, ever, is in your own little world. Don't even start the conversation, don't even begin the flirting. Because, chances are, the one you're talking to isn't her. Or you might fantasize about rape or murder, and good for you, but if you murder or rape somebody that's a problem. Of course, I suppose that if you like to murder & you find somebody that really wants to be murdered.... Hmmm.... I'll have to consider that one. But rape we'll skip, since by definition if they want to be raped, they can't be, it's that weird catch-22 thing. So, I guess if you find somebody like that, then...pretend it's rape?

Ok, back to the point. Enjoy yourself, but never at the expense of others. This is one of the prime reasons why I'm generally against alcohol & drugs. Do I honestly care what you do to your mind or body? Nope. But too many of you are complete idiots. I mean, Bush? Case & point. So, you drop acid or get plastered and I'm ok with it, but then you get in your care to drive. This is where the problem occurs. It's not about not being drunk because "it's improper" or avoid bondage because "it's immoral", it's about general respect for others. Don't drive drunk because you could hurt others, don't force somebody into bondage gear that doesn't want to be there. Just general courtesy.

Don't be afraid of who you are, but be damn cognizant of what you do & it's effect on others. Nothing is wrong with what you like, only in how you apply it in the real world.

I'm done rambling for now, I have a datacenter to manage.

(comment on this)

Monday, May 22nd, 2006
2:48 am - Hollywood Crush, Given the choice...
I'm not someone afraid to admit things, some would be embarassed to admit they've had/have a hollywood crush (as it were) but that's not me. Albeit, I have more of an interest in certain characters and not so much the actresses, as I've never met the actresses so how would I know if I'd like the real them? But, I digress.

For example (and related to my previous post) River Tam in Firefly/Serenity, Amelie from the movie of the same title are two who I find hopelessly adorable in their own quirky ways, which brings me to my question!

Given the chance, would you want to meet the actor/actress that plays the character, or would you rather not?

See, I think most people would, but I wouldn't. And it's not that I believe in any way that the people themselves would be a letdown, but what opportunities does one usually have to meet this sort of person? Usually at some sort of promotion (dinner, convention, auction, et cetera) where they have to be personable, and also can't really speak to anybody for more than a few moments.

I think in the cold face of the reality that this person would smile at you warmly, and make no mistake I'm not saying they wouldn't be sincere in their happiness to see you there, as I feel many would truly be happy to see you out supporting their work or their cause. Yet with such a short time to speak to them they wouldn't remember you. I think it would be crushing, in a way, to know that you hold "them" (which in actuality is a character to begin with so isn't really them) in such a high regard and yet though they may be sincere, they'll never remember you. You'll have no real impact on their lives.

I suppose I'm a dreamer, because to me the short time you have to speak to them just can't compare to the far more unrealistic, yet more romantic notion of hope you could hold on to by never actually interacting with them.

But am I a dreamer because I'm afraid? See, I often find myself loving the idea of what could be, rather than striving for the actuality of it. Nobody of course likes failure, but do I do it because the dream is always so beautiful and I'm afraid I'd fail to make it a reality, or am I that way because I already have the dream in me and it's already beautiful, so why bother to spend the time trying to make tangible something I already have in my mind?

I wish I knew...

(1 comment | comment on this)

2:31 am - Firefly/Serenity
Just trust me, and watch. Start with Firefly, then watch the movie.

"Noah's Ark is problematic."

(comment on this)

Monday, March 27th, 2006
11:33 pm - Cause for concern...
I feel I should be entitled to not having to work for a living.

I hate paying taxes.

I'm smarter than my boss.

I would like others to support both myself & my friends so that we could more enjoy life.

I've accidentally shot somebody.

...

When the fuck did I become Dick Cheney?

(3 comments | comment on this)

Sunday, May 15th, 2005
10:50 pm - It is worse than we feared...
I thought that Devin was going to make a complete recovery, but it looks like this is not to be. His leg seems like it will be alright, but it turns out that he still likes old B horror flicks...Without three silhouettes mocking them no less.

I did what I could, I'm sorry...

(5 comments | comment on this)

10:33 pm - I have not the words...
The Vogue = too many guys! says:
Erasure is not gay he is just misunderstood.

(1 comment | comment on this)

Thursday, January 27th, 2005
7:39 pm - Well...
Since Kathleen already thinks I'm sexist, and she's the one that said I haven't posted in a while...

Kristin says:
Now I'm just a princess
Nameless God of Rage & Hate (AKA Jarboe) says:
BAhahahahahaaaaa!
Nameless God of Rage & Hate (AKA Jarboe) says:
You mean you're a girl.
Kristin says:
no, I'm a princess
Kristin says:
not all girls are princesses
Nameless God of Rage & Hate (AKA Jarboe) says:
No, you are very correct.
Nameless God of Rage & Hate (AKA Jarboe) says:
But, all of them sure THINK they are!
Nameless God of Rage & Hate (AKA Jarboe) says:
What country are you a princess of?
Kristin says:
Kristinland
Kristin says:
you say it like finland
Nameless God of Rage & Hate (AKA Jarboe) says:
Is that recognized by any other country as a soveirgn entity?
Kristin says:
it's just another word for planet earth
Nameless God of Rage & Hate (AKA Jarboe) says:
Uh huh.
Nameless God of Rage & Hate (AKA Jarboe) says:
But, at least now I'm sure I'm talking to a girl and not some creepy old man, as only girls have delusions of grandeur on such a massive scale!

current mood: aggravated

(1 comment | comment on this)

Monday, October 4th, 2004
6:27 pm - Oh come off it already!
If one of you had said that penises are fat, bald and full of trouble just like most men, I'd have laughed.

Because, you know, it's fucking funny! ;-)

...

I beat you to the punch, deal with it. ;-)

(1 comment | comment on this)

12:55 pm - You thought wrong!
We all know that the male genitalia is disgusting to look at, but contrary to what most men say, I do not believe that the female genitalia is terribly photogenic either. I mean, it's slimy, wrinkly and cavernous.

Like most women, really...

(comment on this)

Sunday, August 1st, 2004
12:04 am - So important...
This broadcast is so important, I'm actually updating my livejournal for it.

If you are planning on seeing "The Village"...

DON'T!



I'm not kidding. I would rather sit through a quadruple-feature of "Dungeons & Dragons", "The Thin Red Line", and "The Neverending Story 2 & 3".

I am not, in the least, joking. Do not do it.

(1 comment | comment on this)

Friday, May 21st, 2004
11:10 pm - An observation...
So, I made an observation today, in regards to The Iliad. Which, of course, some of you might only know as "Troy" at present. But, at any rate...these observations tie more to The Iliad than to Troy, as some sublte things like Achilles being part god aren't really delved into too deeply in the new Troy movie.

Helen of Troy, the adulteress, lives.

Prince Paris, the coward, kills Achilles and lives.

King Priam dies for pride. He believes so strongly that the gods favor his cause that he makes several bad errors in judgement.

King Agamemnon dies for power. He should have left Troy, but he kept at it, and it cost him.

Prince Hector dies for honor, facing Achilles alone when he is called out, rather than hiding behind the city walls. (Personally, though, I still think Hector is a badass, he's my favorite. I mean, Achilles is part god...where's the fucking sport in that?)


Achilles dies for glory. He knows what fate awaits him, and he chooses it nonetheless so that his name is written in history.

And the city of Troy....the city is fucking burned to the ground, the inhabitants slaughtered. Men killed, babies thrown from the walls, women raped & taken as slaves, et al....and for what? For love. The love of Hector and Priam for Paris, the love of Paris & Helen for each other. These things set the war into motion.

You know what this means?

So, my observation? Homer, clearly, either walked in on his wife having an affair or just got his ass dumped right before he wrote The Iliad. No doubt about it.

Just my quiet observation...

(2 comments | comment on this)

Monday, December 1st, 2003
1:21 pm - Aggressively targeting a market share...
"Great service! My husband was impressed and even took a picture of the delivery men and their
booties!" Mr. & Mrs. Larson - Bremerton, WA

One really has to wonder about this...

(comment on this)

Friday, August 29th, 2003
7:06 pm - It amuses me anyway...
Once upon a time, God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael the archangel found him,resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God."Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction, and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled, and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put Life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" Inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing to different parts of earth . . . "For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern Europe is going to be poor - Over there I've placed a continent of white people, and over there is a Continent of black people," God continued pointing to different
countries. "This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land mass And said, "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God.. "That's Washington State the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful streams, hills, and forests ... The people from Washington State are going to be
handsome, modest, intelligent and humorous, and they are going to be found traveling the world.

They will be extremely sociable, hardworking, and high-achieving, and they will be known throughout the world - as diplomats, and carriers of peace ."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then proclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there would be balance!"

God smiled, "Wait until you see the idiots I put in the other Washington

current mood: amused

(2 comments | comment on this)

Thursday, August 28th, 2003
10:21 pm
Oh, hell.......I think this one needs some spicing up!!!!

<td bgcolor="#000000">Zombie Name</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA"></td></tr><td bgcolor="#000000">You Will Become a Zombie Because</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA">You Have Always Wanted to Play an Active Part in the Zombie Holocaust, Now is Your Chance </td></tr><td bgcolor="#000000">You Will Devour This Many People and Turn them Into Your Undead Army of Zombies</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA">27,586</td></tr><td bgcolor="#000000">You Are This Kind of Zombie</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA">Brutal Bloodsucker </td></tr><td bgcolor="#000000">Your Perfect Zombie Match Is</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA">Non-Existant </td></tr><td bgcolor="#000000">You Will Be Destroyed In This Way, By</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA">Let's be fucking serious... you're just too badass to die. </td></tr>
Zombies by surfsidesexx
Created with quill18's MemeGen!

(comment on this)

10:15 pm

What Is Your Battle Cry?

Hark! Who is that, running over the steppes! It is VivoSomnio, hands clutching a jeweled meat hammer! And with a spectacular roar, his voice cometh:

"I'm going to bludgeon you until you smell like barbeque, and grin like a fucking maniac!!!"

Find out!
Enter username:
Are you a girl, or a guy ?

created by beatings : powered by monkeys

(comment on this)

Monday, August 25th, 2003
9:57 pm
You know... Hasn't somebody eviscerated "Dubya" yet? I'm tired of dealing with his stupidity.

current mood: pissed off

(1 comment | comment on this)

9:52 pm - And another thing...
In general, I'm just fucking pissed off.

current mood: angry

(comment on this)

9:52 pm
<td bgcolor="#000000">Who will play you:</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA">Shannen Doherty </td></tr><td bgcolor="#000000">Who will play your love interest:</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA">Angelina Jolie </td></tr><td bgcolor="#000000">Weeks you will stay in the box office:</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA">14</td></tr><td bgcolor="#000000">Song that will play during your love scene:</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA">Poe - Angry Johnny </td></tr><td bgcolor="#000000">Song that will play during your death:</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA">Scheer - Goodbye </td></tr><td bgcolor="#000000">Your name:</td><td bgcolor="#DDDDAA"></td></tr>
Your Life: The Movie by mintyduck
Created with quill18's MemeGen!




. . .


Yeah....cause me and Shannon Doherty have a real similar appearance... ;-)

(2 comments | comment on this)

Friday, August 22nd, 2003
9:02 pm - Chester, aka Cheddar, aka "The Cheat"....
There has got to be a better way to express love to a cat...

(comment on this)

> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com